Baldwin DCABA has good beginning
In DCABA (Douglas County Amateur Baseball Association) league play over the weekend, the Baldwin Bulldawgs 10-year-old boys team improved their record to 13-0 by defeating the Lawrence Suns 15-3 at Lawrence's 4-H ballfields.
The Bulldawgs, who play teams from Lawrence and Eudora, have outscored their opponents 194 to 46 in compiling their perfect record. Results from Monday's game against the Lawrence Bombers were unavailable at press time.
"We have a great group of boys and have gotten off to a great start," said head coach Todd Hoffman.
In home action on Thursday, the Bulldawgs downed the Lawrence Colts 12-3
Members of the team are: Landon Ausherman, Nathan Growcock, Chad Hitchings, Josh Hoffman, Colton Lowe, Jesse McDaniels, Kyle Pattrick, Ryan Rogers, Andrew Sutton and Brian Wright.
The Bulldawgs next home game is at 6 p.m. Thursday on the Baldwin High School East field.
The Baldwin 12-year-old DCABA team is also unbeaten after winning a home game Monday night by a 12-1 count.
While not unbeaten, the Baldwin 9-year-old DCABA team has posted a 10-3 record on the young season.
More like this story
- Panel faults Kansas mental health system
- Some kidney transplant services to be offered in Wichita
- Long VA waits less of a problem in Kansas than elsewhere
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill
- Lawrence, Douglas County officials tap D.C. conference for low-level drug offense insights