WILLARD A. "BILL" MCGINNIS
Memorial services for Willard A. "Bill" McGinnis, 84, Grove, Okla., were Monday at Ellis Family Funeral Home Chapel, Grove, Okla. Mr. McGinnis died July 17, 2003, at Integris Grove General Hospital.
He was born July 6, 1919, in Delaware, Okla., the son of Charles and Ruth (Smith) McGinnis. He attended Delaware and Nowata schools. He was a Sergeant in the Army Air Corps in World War II. He tied iron for Local 10 Iron Workers of Kansas City, Kansas, for 24 years before retiring in 1979.
He and his first wife had five children. She died in 1958. He married Wandola Keithly in 1963 at Kansas City. They lived in Baldwin City for 12 years before moving to Grove, Okla. He was a member of the Methodist church, Masonic Lodge, American Legion and past member of the Moose Lodge in Baldwin.
Survivors include his wife, Wandola, Grove, Okla; four children, Pat McGinnis, Spring Hill; Cathy Richardson, Olathe; Cherie Kubricki, Olathe: Mickey McGinnis, Camdenton, Mo.; six grandchildren; one sister, Roberta Wilson and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, one brother, James R. McGinnis and one son, Billy Mike McGinnis.
Ellis Family Funeral Home, 107 S. Broadway, Grove, Okla, (918) 786-5172, is in charge of services.
More like this story
- Baldwin City woman in critical condition after morning U.S. 59 crash
- Emergency room at Topeka VA reopens
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Authorities investigating woman's death in northeast Kansas