Rape, assault reported to police department
Baldwin police are looking for two men accused in the rape and assault of a woman Sunday morning in her Baldwin residence.
Baldwin Police Chief Mike McKenna said the assault and rape of the 45-year-old woman occurred in her residence between 2 and 5 a.m. Sunday.
McKenna said the woman did not know the men, but allowed them to enter her residence. They forced her into the bedroom and assaulted her, he said.
The woman later called police from a neighbor's, he said. She was taken by officers to Lawrence Memorial Hospital, treated for abrasions and released.
He said the men are white and in their 30s, one a stockier build than the other. They were driving a late-model, light-colored, full-sized pickup truck.
"This is a very active investigation," McKenna said. "The police department is pursuing leads and analyzing evidence from this attack."
More like this story
- Annual Wellness Festival approaching
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Baldwin City potter finds fascination in functional forms
- Baldwin City council hears updates on quality-of-life projects
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books