Baldwin softball team wins championship
A Baldwin 10 and under softball team capped off a one-loss season with a championship victory in tournament play last weekend.
In spite of the heat, the Baldwin A & H Heating and Cooling team defeated four teams over the weekend at the Baldwin ball fields to win the 10 and under league softball tournament.
The Baldwin team, which ended the season with an 11-1 record, blasted De Soto in the first game of the tournament Friday night, 15-0.
Baldwin came back Saturday to defeat Wellsville 1, 5-2, before squeaking by Baldwin 1, 4-3, later that day.
Baldwin ended the tournament Sunday afternoon with a solid 12-5 win over Wellsville 3 to claim the championship title.
"This team had players that were solid in their skills and versatile in their abilities to play various positions," Head Coach Karla Bloomer said. "Their hard work and determination were consistent throughout the season.
"The parents, fans and families contributed at practices and games."
The members of the Baldwin team were Nicole Baltzell, Kelsi Burton, Morgan Burton, Brittany Evilsizor, Kaysha Green, Allison Howard, Kylie King, Michaela Krysztof, Mallory Lederer, Taryn Lederer and Lindsey Roberts.
Assistant coach was Kandyce Lederer and the coach pitcher was Bill Evilsizor.
More like this story
- Baldwin City to pick 3 council members, 4 board members in Tuesday's election
- Kobach criticized over plan to purge Kansas voter rolls
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Christie wins another term, three new members elected to Baldwin City Council
- Annexation of east Baldwin City tract tabled for two weeks