Funeral services for L.V. Hunter, 96, Overland Park, were Monday at Hall Chapel, Lincoln. Mr. Hunter died Jan. 17, 2003, at Overland Park.
He was born Nov. 20, 1906, at Hunter, the son of Grover (founder of the town of Hunter) and Maude Hunter. He was retired from Union Pacific Railroad as a section foreman.
He was preceded in death by a son, Dewayne, first wife Lottie Bell and second wife Irene (from Baldwin City). He lived in Baldwin City1978-1992.
Survivors include three grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
Burial was at Greenwood Union, Hunter. Memorials can be made to the American Cancer Society. Hall Funeral Home, Lincoln, was in charge of services.
More like this story
- Douglas County commission waives bidding process for jail to seek out new medical service provider
- Lawmakers advance abortion, election law tweaks on 100th day
- Kansas House faces vote on raising taxes to balance budget
- Baldwin City Council to tour, discuss facilities
- 2 Topeka nursing homes, Washburn partner on internships