Funeral services for L.V. Hunter, 96, Overland Park, were Monday at Hall Chapel, Lincoln. Mr. Hunter died Jan. 17, 2003, at Overland Park.
He was born Nov. 20, 1906, at Hunter, the son of Grover (founder of the town of Hunter) and Maude Hunter. He was retired from Union Pacific Railroad as a section foreman.
He was preceded in death by a son, Dewayne, first wife Lottie Bell and second wife Irene (from Baldwin City). He lived in Baldwin City1978-1992.
Survivors include three grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
Burial was at Greenwood Union, Hunter. Memorials can be made to the American Cancer Society. Hall Funeral Home, Lincoln, was in charge of services.
More like this story
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Baldwin board, council oppose proposed changes to local elections
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues