Baker women win against Lindenwood
A strong first half by the Baker University women earned the Wildcats an 85-70 victory over Lindenwood University Thursday in the Collins Gym.
Baker rolled to a 41-27 halftime advantage and added a single point to the margin in the second frame at 44-43 to secure the 15-point victory.
Gayla Brown led the Wildcat charge with a game-high 22 points. Erin Robinson chipped in with 17 points and Amber Koblitz added 10. Brown also topped the rebounding with 12 and Robinson had four assists. Amber Burkland helped the cause with seven steals.
Free throw shooting helped pave the way for Baker, as the Wildcats hit 19 of 26 from the stripe for 73 percent. Lindenwood was only 10 of 16. Baker only had 16 turnovers to 29 for Lindenwood. Baker also won the battle of the boards with 36 rebounds to 29.
The victory moved Baker's record to 10-9 on the year. The Wildcats play host to Culver-Stockton Thursday at 5 p.m. in the Collins gym.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Baker University doctoral candidate awarded Fulbright Scholarship
- Baldwin City council hears updates on quality-of-life projects
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Severe Weather Awareness Week approaches; Douglas County prepares