Baker takes 16-point win against Lindenwood
The Baker University men took a big win over Lindenwood University Thursday at home. The Wildcats used a strong second half to hand Lindenwood an 81-65 loss.
In the victory, Baker took a 39-34 halftime lead and then outscored Lindenwood 42-31 in the second half to take the 16-point win.
Baker had four players in double digits, led by Scott Johnson with 16 points. Both Brandon McDonnell and Josh Flett had 14 points and Pedro Dos Santos rounded it out with a dozen. Dos Santos was also in double figures in rebounding with 13 and had four blocked shots. Johnson had seven assists to go along with his points.
Baker was bolstered by hot shooting, hitting 56 percent from the field, including six of 11 from the 3-point line. The Wildcats also had a sizeable rebounding advantage, 38-27.
Baker now stands at 11-8 on the season. The Wildcats play Thursday at home against Culver Stockton 7:30 p.m. in the Collins Gym.
More like this story
- Baker University doctoral candidate awarded Fulbright Scholarship
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds
- Lumberyard Arts Center schedules full slate of classes
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly