Baldwin under burn ban
A week-long burn ban is in affect for Baldwin.
The Baldwin City Council approved the seven-day burn ban, which goes into affect today, for inside the city limits following a recommendation from Baldwin Fire Chief Allen Craig.
Douglas County has yet to issue a burn ban, but Craig said because the area was so dry, he thought the city needed to put a ban in place.
The week-long ban will automatically be renewed for another seven days if Baldwin has not received a rainfall before the ban expires.
More like this story
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Baldwin City council hears updates on quality-of-life projects
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol