Sports action about to heat up again
From Signal Staff Reports
Sports action has been slow the past two weeks around Baldwin City, but that's all about to change.
Monday not only marks the first day of school in the Baldwin district, but also the first day of practices for fall sports at B aldwin High School. That means football, volleyball, girls tennis and cross country participants will be hard at it again.
Prior to the Monday start of football, BHS head coach Mike Berg will have equipment check out Thursday and Friday at the high schoo l.
Sports action will also be taking off at Baker University next week, too. Coach John Frangoulis has scheduled picture day for his Wildcat football team on Sunday. Practices will be starting around then for all Baker sports as well.
One of the biggest Baldwin sporting events is just around the corner, too, when the annual "Bulldog Bash" will unfold Sept. 12. The fund-raising food and fun fest is prior to the BHS football home opener which is against Paola.
More information on the Bash will start next week in the Signal.o
More like this story
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Baldwin City woman in critical condition after morning U.S. 59 crash
- Police make 2nd arrest in robberies near K-State campus
- Douglas County under burn ban
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning