Baker sports roundup
The Baker softball team took the field April 11 against Culver-Stockton. The Wildcats lost both hard-fought games. The score of the first game was 3-1 and the score of the second game was
Pamela Miller, a freshman from Valley Falls, led Baker's offense in the first game, going two-for-three with two singles and an RBI. Kelly Laffere, a sophomore from Bonner Springs, also went two-for-three.
In the second game, Megan Jones, a sophomore from Shawnee, went three-for-four with a run scored. Kyrsten Hubbel, a freshman
from Baldwin City, pitched a great game only allowing two earned runs.
Baker's next game was Tuesday in Baldwin City against Missouri Valley, but results weren't available by press time.
The Baker mens golf team traveled to Liberty, Mo., Thursday and Friday. The team had a middle-of-the-pack finish, led by Ben Nichols, a senior from Fort Scott, with a two-round total of
The Wildcat's next action will be Thursday and Friday in Winfield.
More like this story
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri
- Baldwin High School senior to graduate 2 1/2 years after massive stoke