Baker sports roundup
Softball -- The Baker University softball team took on William Jewell College on Saturday. The Wildcats won both games against the
Cardinals, improving their overall record to 7-6.
Leading the way in the first game of the double header was Valley Falls freshman Pamela Miller, with two triples and a single, producing two runs and an RBI. The Wildcats won the game 6-3.
In the second game, Marysville senior Megan Nelson pitched seven complete innings and gave up only two runs, aiding the Wildcats in their 4-2 win. Nelson was also the spark of the
Baker offense, going four-for-four with three singles, a double, a run and an RBI.
The next game for the Wildcats will be at 2 p.m. today at home against Lindenwood University.
Baseball -- The Baker baseball team played Central Methodist Sunday at home. The Wildcats lost both games by scores of 9-1 and 8-6. The current record for Baker is now 3-20.
The next game for the Wildcats was Tuesday at Lindenwood University, but results weren't available by press time.
More like this story
- Letter to the editor: Baldwin City Community Theatre disbanding
- Face to Face: Laura Beaulieu
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Wichita to award varsity letters to special needs students