SLT comment deadline nears
The public comment period for the South Lawrence Trafficway ends Monday.
Written comments can be mailed or e-mailed on the project. Baldwin City Administrator Larry Paine is urging residents to make those public comments favoring the 32nd Street Alignment.
"We want the 32nd Street Alignment because it moves the water line from Lawrence to Baldwin out of the wetlands," said Paine. "It would save us close to a half million dollars. If that alignment is chosen, we won't have to move the line and we won't have to pass those costs onto our residents."
E-mail comments on the SLT can be sent to email@example.com. Letters can be sent to Robert J. Smith, Special Projects Manager, Regulatory Branch Room 706, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Kansas City District, 601 E. 12th Street, Kansas City, Mo., 64106.
More like this story
- Baldwin High School wrestling coach teaches success on mat while building long-lasting bonds
- Vinland Fair returns for 108th run Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Baldwin school board agenda for Aug. 17
- 11 seniors set to lead Baldwin High School football team's defense of league crown
- Baldwin City Council agenda for Nov. 16, 2015