Baldwin sports briefs
BHS freshmen win
With John Brown leading the way, the Baldwin High School freshman football team beat Louisburg 24-6 Thursday.
Brown ended the game with almost 300 yards in rushing to go along with all four touchdowns. The victory brings the freshman record to 3-0 on the season.
BHS will play host to Spring Hill Thursday at 4:30 p.m.
BHS volleyball falls
The Baldwin High School junior varsity volleyball team fell to Anderson County and Eudora last week.
Sophomore Rebecca Verhaeghe led the team with 16 assists, freshman Katelyn Miles had 12 assists and three aces and sophomore Bailey Stuart had 12 kills.
The BHS freshman team had better luck, beating Louisburg, but falling to Ottawa and Spring Hill.
BJHS football wins
The Baldwin Junior High School seventh graders remained unbeaten with victories over Spring Hill (32-6) and Wheatridge (26-0) last week.
The BJHS eighth graders didn't have the same success, falling to Spring Hill 20-0 and Wheatridge 36-6.
Both teams faced off against Paola Tuesday, but results weren't available by press time.
BJHS volleyball wins
There were winning results for the Baldwin Junior High School volleyball teams.
The eighth graders won a pair of matches at Anderson County, as did the seventh graders. The eighth graders are now 5-7 and the seventh graders are 8-4.
More like this story
- Catholic foundation raises $500K for students
- Potential pilot program could make recycling easier for residents in unincorporated Douglas County
- Severe Weather Awareness Week approaches; Douglas County prepares
- Annunciation Church to have St. Pat's Day dinner tonight
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom