BU women win, lose in tourney
Baker University's womens basketball team played in the Park University Invitational this past weekend.
Baker started off the weekend playing the host team Park University. Baker won the game 54-50. Leading the way for Baker was senior forward Gayla Brown, from Grandview, Mo., with 12 points and eight rebounds. Courtney Hodges, a sophomore from Topeka, also contributed nine points.
In the second game of the tournament, Baker faced off against Ottawa University. Baker ended up losing the game 71-65, leaving
Baker's record at 3-3 on the year. Leading the way for Baker was senior guard Tasha Gentry, from Raytown, Mo., with 11 points and three assists. Amber Burklund, a senior from Olsburg, had 10 points on the evening.
Baker's next game will be against Hannibal-LaGrange on Nov. 19 in Hannibal, Mo.
More like this story
- Ives Chapel UMC to have back-to-school clothing give-away next 2 Saturdays
- Topeka woman killed when bicycle hit by truck
- Former Baker president honored for role in bringing university chapel from England
- Coming auction of rural Baldwin City property drawing interest
- Baldwin High School volleyball team falls to De Soto