Baker falls in season finale
ATCHISON The No. 4-ranked Benedictine Ravens proved to be too much for Baker University Wildcats here Saturday as Baker fell 27-3 in its season finale.
Benedictine opened a 10-0 first quarter and halftime lead. Baker had its lone score, a 22-yard field goal by Nate Tubach in the third quarter. The Ravens answered that score and also added another two touchdowns in the fourth quarter for the final margin.
The Ravens had 402 yards in total offense to Baker's 234. Each team suffered an interception.
Baker's Martin Updike, a junior from Muskogee, Okla., led the offense with a 28-for-36 passing performance for 135 yards. Jason Filbeck, a senior from Liberty, Mo., was his favorite target, catching seven passes for 42 yards. Keenan Ganz and Alpha Iscandari each had five catches. The leading rusher was Justin Cobb with 50 yards on 13 carries.
On defense, Baker was led by Treanor Connor's 10 tackles, including nine solo. Connor is a junior from Lawrence. Matt Majors was close behind with seven unassisted tackles.
The loss ended the season for Baker with a 3-8 overall record and a 3-7 mark in Heart of America Athletic Conference play.
More like this story
- 86-year-old man dies in single-engine plane crash near Pratt
- Baldwin City woman in critical condition after morning U.S. 59 crash
- ATV crash kills 9-year-old Kansas boy, injures 2 others
- Kansas man sentenced for 17th drunken driving conviction
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri