Fun on the fourth
Celebration draws crowd; is successful
The annual Baldwin community Fourth of July celebration and fireworks display went off with a bang.
Around 1,000 people showed up for the Citizens for Baldwin City-sponsored event Thursday afternoon and evening, CFBC president Dana Robertson said.
"It went really well," Robertson said. "Everybody seemed to have a good time and we had some really good fireworks."
She said the activities and events, like the giant water slide, the games and the face painting, were popular. The band Krazy Kats also drew a big crowd.
"The band was a real big hit," he said. "People came from Kansas City to hear them."
Robertson said because the celebration was so successful, CFBC plans to have it again next year.
"We just want to thank all of the citizens that came out and joined in the festivities," she said.
More like this story
- Canoeists set new record in paddling from Kansas to Missouri
- Lumberyard Arts Center schedules full slate of classes
- Two Baldwin City buildings placed on historic list
- Late price change rolled back as Baldwin City purchases KCP&L service area
- Baldwin City purchasing right to provide electrical service to industrial park