Signal price to change to 75 cents
Next week's Baldwin City Signal will cost an extra quarter at news stands and dealers. Single copy price will be 75 cents.
Subscription price for home delivery in Baldwin will not increase and remains at $30 per year. Mail delivery out of the four-county area will be increased to $45 per year and out-of-state subscriptions will be increased to $50 per year.
Various increases in expenses, especially postage, are the reason for the increases. The single-copy price is also in line with other area papers in Paola, Gardner, Wellsville, Louisburg, Osawatomie, Spring Hill and Osage City, which all charge 75 cents per copy.
"This is the first time we've increased prices," said Jeff Myrick, Signal editor/publisher. "The Signal is well worth those prices and it underlines what a value home delivery subscriptions are."
To subscribe to the Signal, call 594-7080.
More like this story
- Baker University's first Kauffman Scholar looking to give back
- Baldwin City Planning Commission recommends rezoning of old middle school
- Baldwin City Council candidate profiles
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill
- Baldwin City to work with owners of unsafe electrical meters