Residents invited to take test
Patrons in USD 348 will have the opportunity to experience first hand the high academic expectations established for students during the Take the Test Day Monday at the Baldwin City Library.
Participants will be asked to take a sample assessment test that will include questions in the areas of reading, math, science and social studies. The test questions are from various grade levels and represent various levels of difficulty.
This is part of a statewide program to inform the public about the high standards established for students through the State Assessment Program. State legislators and members of the State Board of Education are taking the test at the State Capitol.
By participating in Take the Test Day and giving parents and other community members the opportunity to experience the rigorous testing required of students, USD 348 hopes to promote greater understanding of the process and the ways each of us can assist students in meeting these high expectations.
Sessions will be held at 9 a.m., 1 p.m. or 7 p.m. at the library on Monday. Questions can be directed to Carolyn Groves at 594-4897.
More like this story
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Legislative proposal focuses on open records enforcement