County-wide burning ban put back in place
Despite Friday's three-inch snow, the burning ban in Douglas County has gone back into effect.
Last week the burn ban notice was issued on Tuesday, stating that outside burning of any type should be ceased. Dry conditions over the winter have left fire hazards throughout the county. Friday's snow was the first measurable precipitation in weeks and the burn ban was lifted.
However, according to Baldwin City Fire Department Chief Alan Craig, the burn ban was put back into effect Tuesday afternoon. Craig said the ban would be enforced in Baldwin.
The new ban is effective until Jan. 29, he said.
More like this story
- 11 seniors set to lead Baldwin High School football team's defense of league crown
- Baldwin High softball team starts season 2-2
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Baldwin Bulldog softball team drops two at Tongie
- Kansas City Connection: Charisse retains old charm as Power & Light alternative