Baker’s women win pair of games
The Baker University Wildcat women took a pair of victories during action last week. The Wildcats started by beating Central Methodist 75-58 at home on Thursday and followed that with a 74-60 win over Avila on Saturday.
In the home win, Baker opened a 35-28 halftime lead and added 10 more points to the advantage in the second half. Gayla Brown led the team with 22 points, Erin Robinson added 13 and Amber Koblitz chipped in with 11. Amber Zenger topped the rebounding with eight and Koblitz added six.
In the victory over Avila, Baker again jumped out to the halftime lead, this time 45-30. The Wildcats then held off Avila in the second half to post the win. Brown topped the scoring with 14 points and Amber Burklund had 10. Koblitz had seven rebounds.
The victories improved Baker's overall record to 13-10 and Heart of America Athletic Conference mark to 6-5.
More like this story
- Baldwin City woman in critical condition after morning U.S. 59 crash
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Woman, child killed in highway crash in Kansas
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County