Baker women split pair of basketball games
The Baker University women split a pair in basketball action last week. On Thursday, the Wildcats beat Culver-Stockton 65-63 and lost to Benedictine Saturday 75-62.
In the victory, the Wildcats opened a 36-26 halftime lead and then had to hold off Culver-Stockton, which managed a 37-29 advantage in the second half. Gayla Brown had 18 points for BU and Amber Burkland added 10. Brown also had nine rebounds and Amber Zenger had eight.
Against Benedictine, Baker was up 29-27 at halftime, but succumbed to a 48-33 run in the second half. Angie Miller had 28 points and Brown had 12. Zenger topped the rebounding with eight.
The split left Baker with a 10-10 overall record and 3-4 Heart of America Athletic Conference mark.
More like this story
- Designs, cost estimates for potential Douglas County jail expansion may be ready by early next year
- High court to hear Kansas plea to reinstate death sentences
- Supreme Court to hear capital cases roiling Kansas politics
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit
- Budget shortfall, World Series among Kansas' top 2015 news