Trial date set for Meeker
A man charged in the October shooting in Baldwin will be tried March 27 in Douglas County District Court.
Baldwin resident Stephen Meeker, 34, entered pleas of innocent to one charge each of aggravated battery, aggravated assault and attempted aggravated battery.
Meeker has been accused of shooting and wounding Steven Swafford, 31, Lawrence, in the 1200 block of Bison Court Oct. 14.
Judge Jack Murphy will preside at the trial.
More like this story
- Construction to close CR 1055 on March 23 north of Baldwin City
- Intersection of CR 1055 and North 600 Road to be closed today
- Baldwin City is ready for Maple Leaf weekend
- Conceptual plan for new public works complex shared with Baldiwn City Council
- Work to resume July 6 on CR 1055 north of Baldwin City