Trial date set for Meeker
A man charged in the October shooting in Baldwin will be tried March 27 in Douglas County District Court.
Baldwin resident Stephen Meeker, 34, entered pleas of innocent to one charge each of aggravated battery, aggravated assault and attempted aggravated battery.
Meeker has been accused of shooting and wounding Steven Swafford, 31, Lawrence, in the 1200 block of Bison Court Oct. 14.
Judge Jack Murphy will preside at the trial.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Baldwin board asks for spending cuts to help cover slash in state funding
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row