Baker women win, while men fall in OT
Baker University's women had a good night against Benedictine here Saturday, pounding out a 71-55 victory. The Baker men almost followed suit, but finally fell 94-93 in double overtime.
Gayla Brown again led the Baker women with 17 points and eight rebounds as the Wildcats improved their record to 18-10.
The double-overtime loss dropped the BU mens record to 11-18. Aaron Schwerman was a force once again, scoring a game-high 31 points and pulling down 10 rebounds. Scott Johnson and Pedro Dos Santos both netted 13 points apiece. Brandon McDonnell and Lee Driver also chipped in 11 points each.
More like this story
- Baldwin City Public Library summer reading ends with food fight
- Federal food program struggles to reach rural Kansas
- Baldwin City magician's white lie leads to business that's blowing up
- GOP legislators block audit of Kansas foster care system
- Report: More Kansas children in poverty from 2008 to 2013