Funeral services for Mildred Johnson, 93, Vinland, were Thursday at Lamb-Roberts-Heise Funeral Home, Baldwin City. Mrs. Johnson died Dec. 23, 2002, at Vintage Park Retirement Home, Baldwin City.
She was born July 8, 1909, at Vinland, the daughter of William "Gene" and Talitha (Stevens) Hoskinson. She was a lifelong resident of the Lawrence and Vinland area. She graduated from Vinland High School in 1927. She worked at Lawrence Paper Company until 1942. She owned and operated the Service Grocery at 416 E. Ninth, Lawrence, for 27 years. She retired to the family farm in Vinland in 1970.
She married Roy O. Johnson Sept. 4, 1928. He died in 1979.
She is survived by one son, Denny R. Johnson, two grandsons, one granddaughter and seven great-grandchildren.
Burial was at Vinland Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be sent to Vintage Park Assisted Living or Vinland Cemetery Association and sent in care of Lamb-Roberts-Heise Funeral Home, PO Box 64, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
More like this story
- Deadline nears for Baldwin City Chamber of Commerce awards nomininations
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Baldwin board asks for spending cuts to help cover slash in state funding