No services are planned for Bertha Ingle, 89, Bremerton, Wash. Burial will be at Sutton Cemetery, southwest of Lawrence. Mrs. Ingle died Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2002, at her daughter's home in Bremerton, Wash.
She was born May 26, 1913, in rural Eudora, the daughter of Lorenz and Mary (Schehrer) Speicher. She worked for Kansas University for many years, then for Baker University. She and her husband farmed in the Vinland and Eudora area for 56 years.
Mrs. Ingle was a member of Holy Family Catholic Church, Eudora.
She married Merle Eugene Ingle on May 10, 1941, in Eudora. He preceded her in death.
Survivors include two sons, Merle "Gene" Ingle, Lawrence, and Robert Ingle, Baldwin City; two daughters, Jo Ingle Ediger, Eau Claire, Wis., and Clara Ingle, Bermerton, Wash.; a sister Teresa Burbaker, Baldwin City; a granddaughter, Katie Ediger, Eau Claire, Wis.; and two great-granddaughters, Lacey and Caley Ingle, Lawrence.
She was preceded in death by a grandson, Russell Ingle.
The family suggests memorials to Hospice Assn. and sent in care of Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home. Online condolences may be sent to www.rumsey-yost.com.
More like this story
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Baldwin City to work with owners of unsafe electrical meters
- Baldwin City Planning Commission recommends rezoning of old middle school
- Man charged in Fort Riley bomb plot to appear in court
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits