Council sets meeting on electricity, water
The Baldwin City Council has not forgotten about the city's electric and water problems.
At Monday's city council meeting, the council set a committee of the whole meeting for 7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 18 at the Baldwin City Public Works office to take a closer look at the electric and water utility issues and concerns facing Baldwin. The meeting is open to the general public.
The council will look at building a water tower where the new elementary school will be located to help meet the Baldwin School District's water needs.
The council members will also discuss options to try to solve the city's ongoing electric capacity problem.
In other business, the city council:
Approved 5-0 the authorization of the sale and delivery of $1.93 million of electric system revenue bonds.
More like this story
- Baldwin City home base for world-wide netter
- Baldwin girls win soccer program's first-ever win against Piper
- Six Baldwin HIgh School players named to Frontier League post-season teams
- Baldwin coach, top scorer named to LJW Girls Basketball All-Area Team
- Girls on the Run helps Baldwin City students get fit, improve self-esteem