BHS volleyball team sets sights on sub-state
As the Baldwin High School volleyball team begins to wrap its season up, all three teams competed in tournaments here as well as abroad.
On Oct. 6, the Bulldog varsity departed in the wee hours of the morning for their tournament in DeSoto where they got second place.
"We played well throughout the day. We played six matches and only lost three games all day," said coach Jill Brown.
The junior varsity volleyball team traveled to distant Osawatomie, where they failed to place but won two games as well as losing two games. The freshman team played in the Eudora Tournament hosted by Baldwin. They got fourth.
The JV played their last game on Oct. 9 and varsity played their last game before preparing for sub-state. Both teams defeated the Osawatomie Trojans and lost to Gardner.
"We weren't as aggressive as we needed to be against Gardner. They went 9-0 in our league, which is one of the toughest teams," said Brown.
The second annual Senior Night was held on that night to honor lone senior Jen Wingert. Wingert participated in volleyball all four years of her high school career.
Varsity's season continues with preparation for sub-state and hopefully state.
"We're practicing with more intensity knowing we'll be faced with some tough competition," said Wingert.
More like this story
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Severe Weather Awareness Week approaches; Douglas County prepares
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Lumberyard Arts Center schedules full slate of classes