Christmas parade set for Dec. 2
Santa Claus will be coming into Baldwin City this year followed by a parade.
The city's second Christmas parade, which will run through the downtown area, is set to kick off 6 p.m. Dec. 2. Included in the parade will be Santa Claus, who will ride in on a fire truck to help light the Christmas tree lights.
Peach Madl, one of the parade's organizers, said she hopes to have as many parade entries as possible this year.
"We had a lot of people turn out to watch the parade last year," she said. "We're going to make sure there's a lot more to watch this year."
Madl said last years entries included people on tractors and trucks.
"We don't want to curtail anyone's imagination," she said. "Just make it a visually neat thing to see at night."
Businesses will also be open that night serving hot drinks, she said. All businesses are encouraged to remain open during the parade.
After the parade there will be an open house at The Lodge, complete with cookies, hot chocolate and a fire.
Those interested in participating in the parade need to fill out an entry form by Nov. 28. The forms are available at The Lodge. Businesses that would like to open for the parade should contact The Lodge so it can be announced.
For more information, contact The Lodge at 594-3900.
More like this story
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Wellsville man charged for alleged actions in Wednesday Douglas County State Lake incident
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown