All-league vollyball spot goes to BHS’s Brown
Baldwin High School's Emily Brown was named to the Frontier League All-League volleyball team for the second year. Rachel Miles was named as an honorable mention selection.
Brown, a sophomore, set school records in kills (323) and stuff blocks (40). She also had a .293 hitting efficiency, 214 setting assists, 97 percent serving and 27 aces.
Miles had 115 kills, 95 blocks, 36 stuff blocks, 91 percent serving and 29 aces.
The BHS volleyball team finished with a 24-14 record, the most victories ever for a Bulldog team. Additional information on the team's accomplishments will be in next week's Signal.
More like this story
- Baldwin City woman in critical condition after morning U.S. 59 crash
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake
- Former nurse accused of sexual assaulting Kansas patients
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms