Monday pool festivities to kick off summer season
The Baldwin City swimming pool will be active Memorial Day.
The Baldwin City Recreation Commission is sponsoring a Memorial Day Celebration from noon to 3 p.m. Monday at the city pool.
Aquatics programming director Katherine Vierthaler said there will be food, music, prizes and games, including a sand castle building competition.
"Participants will build sand castles in kiddie pools to compete for a family pass to the pool for the summer," Vierthaler said.
Other prizes include day pool passes, towels and gift certificates.
Admission is free for the celebration, but there is a $10 registration fee for the sand castle competition.
Vierthaler said the celebration would be a good opportunity to meet the lifeguards, have some fun and enjoy the pool.
"It will be a good way to kick off the summer," she said.
More like this story
- Baldwin City water rate study continues as Lawrence looks to hike rates
- Baldwin City Council considering citizen survey on CIP needs
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes
- Milk production in Kansas more than doubled in past 20 years
- Baldwin City Council approves first reading of proposed sewer rate increases