Executive Title opens downtown
Executive Title, Inc., located at 707 High Street offers services to those who deal with titles and abstracts, such as closings for loans, real estate companies, lawyers and banks.
Phyllis F. Mapes established her business in Baldwin in January in the 800 block of High and moved to 707 High in April.
"We came here when some friends suggested that Baldwin City would be a good place to establish an abstract business," Mapes said.
Mapes said she has been in the title business since1973, is licensed with the state of Kansas and is also a notary. Executive Title, Inc. is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
More like this story
- Lawmakers to again consider policy on police body cameras
- Derby police to give school officers body cameras
- State funding decisions put pressure on Baldwin district to increase property taxes
- Armed teenager running toward school shot by police officer
- Baldwin City Council publishes proposed 2016 budget with 4.57 mill levy increase