Funeral services for Joe Elder, 77, Baldwin City, were Monday at the Wilson and Son Chapel, Wellsville. Burial was in the Wellsville Cemetery. Mr. Elder died Friday, May 4, 2001, at Pomona.
He was born May 12, 1923, in Baldwin City, the son of Albert and Olive (Vitt) Elder. He served his country during World War II and fought at the Battle of the Bulge. After the war he farmed in the Clearfield area, worked at Hercules and owned and operated a trucking business.
He was a member of the Ottawa VFW.
He was preceded in death by his parents and an infant son.
He is survived by a sister, Mable Kalb and her husband, Glenn, Baldwin City; a niece, Glenna McKinney, Perry; a nephew, Kermit Kalb, Wellsville; three step-children, Darrell Otto, Baldwin City; Gynith Foster, Fort Smith, Ark.; Kathy Leach, Pomona and five great-nieces and nephews.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Deay Cemetery in care of Wilson and Son Funeral Home, PO Box 486, Wellsville, KS 66092.
More like this story
- Baldwin City Planning Commission recommends rezoning of old middle school
- Baldwin City Council awards contract for U.S. 56/High Street realignment
- Baldwin City to work with owners of unsafe electrical meters
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Baldwin City Council considering citizen survey on CIP needs