WALTER G. KAMPSCHROEDER
Services for Walter G. Kampschroeder, 92, Baldwin, were Monday at Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, Lawrence. Burial was in Memorial Park Cemetery, Lawrence.
Mr. Kampschroeder died Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2001, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
He was born Feb. 8, 1909, in Richland, the son of William K. and Effie F. (Kennedy) Kampschroeder.
He and his wife were dairy farmers in the Clinton community for 60 years. He had been a Douglas County commissioner and president of Clinton Rural Telephone Co. He was chairman of Christian Rural Overseas Program and was on the Clinton Rural School board and Clinton Township board. He was also a member of Plymouth Congregational Church, Lawrence, and the Kansas County Commissioners Assn.
He married Alda O. Hoover on May 3, 1933, in Eureka. She died Jan. 1, 1998.
Survivors include a son, Walter G. Jr., Lawrence; a daughter, Jeanene L. Thomas, Spring Hill; a brother, LaVerne, Edgerton; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Wichita State gets $5 million, mostly for honors college
- Baker University's first Kauffman Scholar looking to give back
- Baker sees dip in Baldwin City campus enrollment with decline in number of Kansas high school graduates
- Baker Edition: Baker graduates first Kauffman Foundation Scholar
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking