WALTER G. KAMPSCHROEDER
Services for Walter G. Kampschroeder, 92, Baldwin, were Monday at Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, Lawrence. Burial was in Memorial Park Cemetery, Lawrence.
Mr. Kampschroeder died Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2001, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
He was born Feb. 8, 1909, in Richland, the son of William K. and Effie F. (Kennedy) Kampschroeder.
He and his wife were dairy farmers in the Clinton community for 60 years. He had been a Douglas County commissioner and president of Clinton Rural Telephone Co. He was chairman of Christian Rural Overseas Program and was on the Clinton Rural School board and Clinton Township board. He was also a member of Plymouth Congregational Church, Lawrence, and the Kansas County Commissioners Assn.
He married Alda O. Hoover on May 3, 1933, in Eureka. She died Jan. 1, 1998.
Survivors include a son, Walter G. Jr., Lawrence; a daughter, Jeanene L. Thomas, Spring Hill; a brother, LaVerne, Edgerton; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Lumberyard Arts Center schedules full slate of classes
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row