Car accident near Baldwin Kills boy
A 4-year-old Lawrence boy died early Sunday morning from multiple injuries sustained in a one-vehicle accident Saturday night west of Baldwin City.
Jack Stineman and his mother, Jacquelyn Stineman, 33, were driving westbound on U.S. Highway 56, five miles west of Baldwin when their Chevrolet Suburban went left of the center. Jacquelyn Stineman lost control of the vehicle and it slid into the ditch and rolled several times.
When emergency personnel arrived, Jack Stineman was found standing at the side of the road. Jacquelyn Stineman had to be extricated from the vehicle.
Both Jack and Jacquelyn Stineman sustained head injuries, fractures and lacerations.
Jacquelyn Stineman was taken by helicopter to Kansas University Medical Center where she remains in critical condition.
Jack Stineman was transported by helicopter to Children's Mercy Medical, where he later died.
More like this story
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Douglas County 1055 reopened
- Kansas City Connection: A tour of West 39th Street
- LJWorld.com GaDuGi Safe Center, Douglas County District Attorney's office to receive grant money
- Wellsville man accused of attacking, robbing man at Douglas County State Fishing Lake