Baldwin residents able to ride Midland train for reduced price
Baldwin City residents will have a extra opportunity to enjoy Midland Railway this weekend.
In cooperation with the Baldwin City Chamber of Commerce, Midland Railway will be sponsoring a train run 7 p.m. Saturday for Baldwin residents only.
Midland marketing director Bob Hruska said all Baldwin residents are invited to ride the train at half price.
"This is a special train ride to show our appreciation to the residents of Baldwin," Hruska said. "This is also a chance to get to know us and ask questions. It's a get acquainted session."
Tickets for the train rides are $4 for adults and $2 for children. Reservations are not needed.
"We will accommodate anybody that comes," Hruska said.
Before the train rides, there will be an ice cream social from 6 to 7 p.m. at the park adjacent to the depot. Hruska said the price of the ice cream has yet to be determined.
"We will have a lot of different flavors to choose from," he said.
Chamber of Commerce office manager Sharole Prahl said the event is a good opportunity for Baldwin residents.
"It's an opportunity to enjoy the sites and the train ride itself," Prahl said. "It's a good chance to see what Midland's been able to accomplish with the grants.
"People should get their friends and families together to go out and enjoy the evening," she said.
More like this story
- Sheriff's office investigating allegations of missing money from Wakarusa Township fireman's fund
- Douglas County delegation to travel to San Antonio to look at ways to reduce jail time for mentally ill
- Severe Weather Awareness Week approaches; Douglas County prepares
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Annual Wellness Festival approaching