Baker women top Avila
The Baker University women shut down Avila College 62-39 on Saturday in the Collins Center. It was the lowest-scoring game by a Baker opponent this season. Triece Baker, senior from Morrowville, and Angie Miller, junior from Topeka, scored 10 points apiece to lead the Wildcats. Keri Zimmerman, senior from Nickerson, had eight rebounds.
Despite a strong game by Triece Baker, the 'Cats (9-13, 3-8) lost 70-66 to Central Methodist on Jan. 18 in Fayette, Mo. Baker made 11 of 14 field goal attempts and both free throws to score 24 points and also had a team-high eight rebounds. Miller, the Heart of America Athletic Conference's most accurate long-range shooter, scored 17 points and made three of seven three-point attempts.
The Wildcats lost another close game on Jan. 15 to Graceland University in Lamoni, Iowa. Miller and Baker had 16 and 14 points, respectively. Zimmerman had 11 rebounds. Monique Everett, senior from Clarksville, Tenn., had eight assists and currently leads the conference in that category.
More like this story
- Baldwin City Police Department investigating tire slashings
- Wellsville man charged for alleged actions in Wednesday Douglas County State Lake incident
- Police: Man shot out outside Kansas mall knew gunmen
- Man found guilty in Douglas State Fishing Lake aggravated robbery
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown