MARJORIE LAVERNE MARCH
Graveside services for Marjorie LaVerne March, 79, Lawrence, were Monday at Eudora Cemetery, Eudora, Kan. Mrs. March died Friday, January 12, 2001 at Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
She was born November 30, 1921 in Paola, the daughter of John Robert and Nellie Blanche (Hull) Capper. She was a graduate of Ottawa High School in 1939.
She was a homemaker but had worked as a bookkeeper and operated a restaurant in both Baldwin City and in Eudora.
She was married to Earl Leon Clary on November 28, 1939 in Emporia. They later divorced. She married Robert March on November 14, 1977 in Miami, Okla. Mr. March died in May 1987.
She is survived by three daughters, Sharon K. Burns-Bohn, Leavenworth; Marilyn Sue Coon and Carol Ann Hopkins, both of Lawrence; eight grandchildren and 9 great grandchildren; a step granddaughter and two step great grandchildren.
A son, Steven Lee Clary, preceded her in death in 1987.
The family suggests memorial contributions to the American Cancer Society and can be sent in care of Warren-McElwain Mortuary, Lawrence.
More like this story
- Former Baker president honored for role in bringing university chapel from England
- Baldiwn City church makes free meal, fellowshp a monthly mission
- Face to Face: Gwendolyn Conover
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures