School board filing are empty
Three school board member positions are up for election in the spring, and no candidates have filed with the Douglas County Clerk's office.
Board president Ed Schulte said he plans to seek re-election to a second 4-year term. Chris Ogle said he will not run for another term. He has served two terms. Lonnie Broers also will seek re-election to a second term.
Schulte represents the Vinland area; Ogle represents Marion Springs, and Broers represents Baldwin City.
"I've had a grand total of one person talk to me about running for the board," said Supt. James White.
White reminded school board members and the community that the filing deadline is noon on Jan. 23.
More like this story
- Baldwin City Fourth to feature flags, free swim and fireworks
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Car show to add to busy Baldwin City weekend
- New natural gas extractions plant operating in Kansas
- Baldwin City magician's white lie leads to business that's blowing up