JAMES M. BELL
Graveside services and burial for James M. Bell, 83, Baldwin City, will be today at 2 p.m. at Oakwood Cemetery, Baldwin City. Mr. Bell died Saturday, December 30, 2000 at Baldwin Care Center.
He was born November 3, 1917 at Baldwin City, the son of John and Minnie (Wilson) Bell.
He married Helen C. Mignot in 1941. They were married 47 years. She died November 7, 1988.
Mr. Bell was a farmer and stockman in the Baldwin City area for most of his lifetime. He also worked at the Sunflower Ordinance Depot in DeSoto during World War II.
He was preceded in death by his parents and his wife.
He is survived by two brothers, his twin brother, John Porter Bell, Baldwin City and Jack Kenneth Bell, Kansas City; several nieces and nephews and close friends, Millie Fleshman, Lawrence and David and Jackie Lorenzen, Wellsville.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Baldwin Care Center c/o Lamb-Roberts-Heise Funeral Home, PO Box 64, Baldwin City, KS 66006.
More like this story
- Designs, cost estimates for potential Douglas County jail expansion may be ready by early next year
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court
- Baldwin City's Lober, Baker win league track titles
- Kansas State sticks with scrapping equestrian program
- Lumberyard Arts Center plans Love Boat-themed summer fundraiser