CLARA LOUISE (JOHANNING) DUFRENE
Memorial services will be Saturday, March 3, 2001 for Clara Louise (Johanning) Dufrene, 85, Kailua, Hawaii, at the Central Union Church, Hawaii. Mrs. Dufrene died February 10, 2001. She was cremated.
She was born October 17, 1915 at Worden, the daughter of Daniel William and Johanna (Kannenberg) Johanning. She graduated from Baldwin High School in 1932 and from Baker University in 1936. She had lived in Hawaii since 1941. She was a retired civilian employee of the Department of the Navy.
She was preceded in death by two sisters and a brother.
Survivors include two daughters, Edna Wong, Hilo, Hawaii, and Johanna DeCosta, Kailua, Hawaii; two sons, Edward Dufrene, Florida, and Daniel Dufrene, Kailua, Hawaii; a sister, Lois Schroer, Wellington, Mo.; brothers, Franz Johanning, Raytown, Mo.; Frederick Johanning, Mound City and Herman Johanning, Phoenix, Ariz.; 12 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren.
Arrangements were made by Borthwick Hawaii Funeral Home, Hilo, Hawaii.
More like this story
- Use of batboys and girls suspended after 9-year-old's death
- Baldwin High School boys and girls track team win season-opening meets
- Baldwin High School girls win 3rd-straight state title, boys 3rd
- Baldwin boys, girls race away with league track titles
- KNEA to appeal dismissal of teacher tenure lawsuit