Guys say thank you
To the Editor:
The reason Jody and I moved to Baldwin last spring was because I wanted him to know the sense of "community" that comes from growing up in a small town. But, I was truly overwhelmed by all the love and support we have received from the community since he was diagnosed with leukemia back in November. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Jody's "angels."
My heartfelt thanks goes to Susan Baker and her family for organizing everything, Frank Foye and the Santa Fe Market, Sally and TeJa at Discoveries, Michelle and Candi at Kwik Shop, Nikki and my guys at Zeta Chi for putting up with our chemo schedule, The Knights of Columbus, Annunciation Catholic Church, the staff at Baldwin Elementary School, everyone at the Baldwin City Police Department, my family and friends and everyone else for your love and support. Thank you to Andy Woolard and the staff at the Signal for the wonderful article. To Bill, Michelle, Zac and Trevor, our prayers are with you.
Rita and Jody Guy
More like this story
- Douglas County commissioners reach consensus on 2016 budget; property taxes to remain constant
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Eudora seeks county funding for paramedics, ambulance; sheriff requests funds for corrections
- Douglas County commission waives bidding process for jail to seek out new medical service provider
- Douglas County commissioners to be briefed on heritage grant program