Baker men lose two games
The Baker University men dropped a pair of games, losing Monday 61-47 to Evangel and Saturday 79-64 Saturday to Missouri Valley.
In Monday's game, Evangel led 25-20 at halftime and outscored the Wildcats 36-27 in the second half for the win. Baker had three players score nine points each Scott Johnson, Aaron Schwerman and Pedro Dos Santos. Dos Santos also had seven rebounds and three blocked shots.
In Saturday's game, Baker again fell behind in the first half and couldn't make up the difference in the second. Schwerman had a game-high 26 points.
The losses dropped BU's records to 9-18 overall and 4-12 in Heart of America Athletic Conference play. Next action is Thursday at home against Culver-Stockton. Game time at Collins Gym is 8 p.m. The Wildcats will be on the road Saturday at Benedictine.
More like this story
- Presidents of 4 Kansas universities decline salary increase
- Timely bond refinance to help Baldwin district deal with block grant cuts
- Legislative actions, inactions cause concern in Baldwin City
- Baldwin's Dorathy, Lawrence superintendent worry about more cuts as Legislature looks for way out of red ink
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises