Local bank contributes to Baker U.
A Baldwin City business with a long history of supporting Baker University has given $10,000 to the school, Baker President Daniel M. Lambert said.
Lambert accepted the check from Carl Butell, chairman of the Baldwin State Bank, Friday during a short ceremony at the bank. The gift will go toward the Greater University Fund, which supports Baker's programs and general operation.
Lambert said the bank has supported the University for more than 100 years and has been an important partner in the school's success.
"Over the years the Baldwin State Bank has provided gifts of more than $300,000," Lambert said. "That's remarkable. I often think of how many lives have been changed by those gifts, and am thankful for all that Mr. Butell and Baldwin State Bank do for our community."
More like this story
- Douglas County will create a public building commission
- Baldwin board, council oppose proposed changes to local elections
- Legislative proposal focuses on open records enforcement
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Lawrence-Douglas County health department to host measles vaccination clinics