Baldwin High’s Mason set to attend combine
Baldwin High School sophomore tailback Micah Mason has been selected to participate in a football-talent combine in Texas.
BHS football coach Mike Berg said he received a call from the person in charge of the San Antonio, Texas, combine who asked him if Mason would be interested.
"They take 200 sophomores from around the country who made a big impact on their teams for the combine," said Berg. "They put them through tests with 40 times and weight lifting."
The combine also serves as a stepping stone for a national high school all-star game and college scholarships.
"The Army has put on an all-star game for the top 70 kids in the nation and this is a recruiting effort for that," said Berg. "It's a benefit for the kids because their information is put on a Web site, too."
To help defray expenses for the Jan. 5-6 combine, there will be a fund-raiser at Walt's Pizza Cafe in downtown Baldwin Thursday. From 5 p.m. until closing time a percentage of food sales will be donated to the Masons.
More like this story
- Baldwin Healtcare and Rehabilitation has new ownership
- Baldiwn City church makes free meal, fellowshp a monthly mission
- Baldwin bulldozes Bishop Ward for state berth
- Baldwin City council hears updates on quality-of-life projects
- Baldwin girls bull way into state title game with 67-42 win against Concordia