RUTH WILMA NORRIS
Memorial services for Ruth Wilma Norris, 85, Lawrence, will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Community of Christ (formerly the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints), 1900 University, Lawrence. Cremation is planned. Mrs. Norris died Sunday, August 19, 2001 at the Presbyterian Manor in Lawrence.
She was born October 7, 1915 in Fulton, the daughter of Rollie and Mary Edgar Webster. She lived in the Fulton, Baldwin, Clinton and Lawrence areas.
She married Waldon Laverne Norris in 1934 in Lawrence. He died in November of 1999. During their marriage, they lived in Eudora, Lawrence and near Williamstown for 43 years.
Survivors include three sons: Gary Norris, Perry; David Norris, Lawrence; Darrell Norris, Worden, seven grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.
Mrs. Norris devoted many years of service to the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the church's Camp Chihowa Retreat Center. Mr. and Mrs. Norris donated 30 acres of land and spent many years assisting the camp.
Memorials may be left to the Lawrence Presbyterian Manor Good Samaritan Fund and sent in care of the Rumsey-Yost Funeral Home, Box 1260, Lawrence, KS 66044.
More like this story
- Baldwin High School students commited fans of Bulldogs
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Kansas City Connection: Group golf and a great escape
- No. 7 Baker ends tournament run, 52-47, against OBU