Mixed bag for BHS softball
Thursday the Baldwin High School Bulldogs traveled to Spring Hill for a double header. The bulldogs battled the wind winning their first game 2-1. The second game proved to be tougher, and struggled to gain the lead to win, but lost 4-3.
"We played well despite having to battle the wind. We made a few mistakes and missed out on a few opportunities and that came back to haunt us," said senior first baseman Mary Martin.
The team competed at home on Tuesday, and will travel to Louisburg on Thursday. All games are double headers and new league rules started this season saying that all games count toward league records.
"We were disappointed with the outcome, but are still optomistic and excited about our outlook for league," said Martin.
On April 17, the Bulldogs swept a pair of home games from Gardner, winning 8-4 and 4-1.
More like this story
- Baker University doctoral candidate awarded Fulbright Scholarship
- Audit finds UMKC business school ran up deficit to boost ranking
- Education officials say schools need reshaped for the future
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Baker Edition: Recent grads honored for leadership