Cheerleading tryouts set to unfold at Baldwin High
Ra! Ra! Ra! It is time again for the selection of the award-winning Baldwin High School varsity cheerleading squad.
Coaches and past squad members are excited and look forward to holding tryouts and are anxious for next year's squad.
"I hope a lot of girls come to tryout. It is a great sport to be associated with," said sponsor Debbie Heinrich. "I look forward to a new group of freshman to fill the void of the seniors leaving."
Pre-tryout clinics will be held for prospective cheerleaders in the BHS gymnasium. Dates for the clinics will be on April 9, 11, 16 and 18 with the April 9 and April 11 as mandatory clinic nights. They will be held in the evening from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Also a special clinic for eighth grade girls interested in trying out will be hosted by BHS seniors Erin Wright and Chelsea Wilson at the BHS gym. These clinics will prepare the girls for tryouts and also will offer extra help. The eighth grade clinics are March 26, 27 and 28 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
All girls interested are strongly encouraged to attend these clinics. Tryouts for the 2001-2002 cheerleading squad will be Saturday, April 21, at 10 a.m. at the BHS gym. The squad will be selected at that time.
More like this story
- Kansas lifts teacher licensure requirement in 6 districts
- Baldwin district not looking to take cost-saving measurers making headlines elsewhere in state
- Baldwin board asks for spending cuts to help cover slash in state funding
- Baldwin school district partnering with Greenbush in virtual program
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring