BHS softball ready to make debut
After weeks of practicing, the Baldwin High School varsity girls softball team will open its season on Friday. The Bulldogs will be hosting Hays High School at 3 p.m. at the ball diamonds north of BHS. It will be a single varsity game.
The team and coaches are anxious to get the season underway.
"We're looking forward to getting started," said head coach Ginny Honomichl, who coached the team to a successful first season last year.
Although a starting line-up hasn't been chosen yet, there is an abundance of talent on the team. The program is only in its sophomore season, but many of the girls have been playing for years.
"We have a lot of talented returnees and newcomers, and we expect to do extremely well," said senior Kristen Wessel.
The Bulldogs lost to Hays last year 1-0, but are ready to take on the Indians for a rematch.
"It will be good competition for us," said Honomichl.
"Hopefully the weather will be good for our opening home game," said Wessel.
More like this story
- Baldwin cross country teams tune up for league meet the first-place Sabetha efforts
- Paola too much for Baldwin boys
- Baldwin High School cross country teams deep with experienced talented
- Baker Edition: University, Johnson County Community College partner
- Baldwin City woman accused of sex crimes against Lawrence boy