Services for Donald E. French, 77, Topeka, were Saturday at Quisenberry Funeral Home, Tonganoxie. Burial was in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mr. French died Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2000 at the VA Medical Center, Topeka.
He was born April 2, 1923, in Fort Scott, the son of George and Ruth (Lantis) French. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II and retired in 1984 from TWA, Kansas City, Mo.
He attended the Lakeview Church of the Nazarene, Topeka, and was a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 9271, Tonganoxie. He was a life member of the Disabled American Veterans and Machinists Union Local No. 1650, Kansas City, Mo.
He married Mary U. Holland on Dec. 24, 1947, in Nevada, Mo. She survives of the home. Other survivors include a son, Gary Gates, Lawrence; a daughter, Linda Schiltz, Tonganoxie; a brother, Richard, Baldwin City; three grandchildren; four step-grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the Tonganoxie VFW, sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, KS 66086.
More like this story
- Dole Institute to exhibit Bob Dole's WWII-era letters
- No charges after federal probe into Kansas election loans
- 4 living ex-presidents join Eisenhower Memorial Commission
- Douglas County Sheriff's Office receives $200,000 grant to help mentally ill
- Kansas headed toward another school finance debate next year