Denora June Edler
DENORA JUNE EDLER
Funeral services for Denora June Edler, 70, Baldwin City, were Thursday at the Wilson and Son Chapel, Wellsville. She died Monday, October 16, 2000. Burial was in the Wellsville Cemetery.
Mrs. Edler was born January 14, 1930 in rural Wellsville, the daughter of Clifford and Ruby (Frazee) McDaniel. She attended school in rural Spring Hill. She married Carl Otto in Topeka in 1945. He died in 1978. She married Joe Edler at Ft. Smith, Arkansas on Sept. 14, 1986. He survives.
She worked for Kansas Color Press of Lawrence as a supervisor for 22 years before retiring in 1977.
She is survived by: two daughters, Gynith Foster, Ft. Smith, Ark. and Kathy Leach, Pomona; a son, Darrell Otto, Baldwin City; a stepson, Carl Otto Jr., Washington; five brothers, Harley McDaniel, Overland Park; Loren McDaniel, Shawnee; J.C. McDaniel, Paola; Harold McDaniel, Edgerton and Cecil McDaniel, Spring Hill; seven sisters, Maxine Wright, Olathe; Gertrude Watkins, Peculiar, Mo.; Joyce Silva, Carson City, Nev.; Deloris Jones, Gardner; Marilyn Helt, Peculiar, Mo.; Carolyn Fine, Olathe and Imogene Brooks, Lawrence; nine grandchildren and five step-grandchildren.
Memorials may be made to the Denora Edler Memorial Fund in care of Wilson and Son Chapel, Wellsville.
More like this story
- Four possible parking lot sites near BJHS/BHS campus reviewed
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Baldwin City to work with owners of unsafe electrical meters
- Baldwin board, council oppose proposed changes to local elections
- Christie wins another term, three new members elected to Baldwin City Council